I'm sure there are many things I could be better at. Answering my phone, working out and eating better, keeping in touch with old friends, and piles and piles of other shouldawouldacouldas. I find ignoring them to be a suitable activity, until I realize that I really do want to better myself. So, I've come to the conclusion that maybe I'm mentally blocking myself from pulling the trigger and doing it. Worse still, I couldn't care less most of the time. So this is my list of things that bother me that I am going to try and change.
1. I'm going to start marketing for my massage business. I'm really busy with being a TA at UCMT, but it's time. I had my first full day (meaning I was booked) of massage since the beginning of November, and I think I could handle it a bit more often.
2. I really need to find better daytime TV than the court shows. They're really entertaining, but I can only handle so much abuse to the english language.
3. I hate, and I mean HATE doing the dishes. I'm fine with laundry, even cooking. But I really hate doing the dishes. It's easier to ignore them...Unfortunately, they don't disappear very often...
4. I drink a lot of soda, but that probably won't change. I'm just saying.
5. The smell of a turkey and swiss sandwich from Arby's permeates through my messy car, and I kind of enjoy it. What's odd is there isn't a sandwich IN the car...
6. I anxiously wait for movies to come out, yet I don't often go and see them. I've started to change that one already...Matt pretty much rocks #6
So there you have it... A short list of things that bother me about myself. I find myself refreshed enough to recite something that has changed my life many times over throughout my 22 years...
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Hmm...I may not get 'em all, but I'll give it a shot. Wish me luck.