Thursday, May 7, 2009

This week has been a pedal-to-the-metal kind of week. I had 2 finals to grade, a night I barely slept, and a killer toothache. For those of you who didn't read my status on facebook, I think tooth pain can suck it. That being said, I don't mind being busy.

I have really been working on the songs I want to record. Unfortunately, I can't play 3/4 of the things I want to include in said songs. I am pushing forward, and have made some progress. It appears Strong Enough, the first song on my cd, will also be on the new one...

I feel that I am approaching a significant change. You know how you can just feel it sometimes? Well, I can hear it coming...But, like always, I'll evolve. I don't think I've met anyone who enjoys change, but the human race, like the animal kingdom, has the innate ability to evolve. Evolution demands a change; sometimes subtle, sometimes earth-shattering. I think it may have to do with Keisha's interview in Park City tonight for a position at the Golden Door Spa. The GDS is basically her Mecca. It may require a few changes if she gets it, but we're ready for it.

Still, I feel there is more to it than that. I am so excited to be a T.A. at UCMT, but I wonder where it will take me. I love it. It's by far the best job I've ever had, but to what end does one do a job that isn't about money?

Dentists scare me. I have an appointment tomorrow. And I'm scared.

Sometimes life takes me by surprise. Sometimes I see things coming from miles away. True of most people? Probably. But I guess there is nothing left to do but be patient and wait. I'm not really good at that...

By the way, I have Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi stuck in my head. Don't judge me.

2 comments:

  1. Change is good, it's scarry most of the time but it makes us grow. I think I've become an example of that, my life has taken such a huge amount of change in the last few years it's been crazy but it's made me a better person I think! I hope everything goes good for you and that it all works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooth pain is among the worst torture in the world. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete